You don’t need a visa to travel to Japan for less than 90 days of stay.
But, people from China, Russia, CIS countries, Georgia, and Philippine have to get a visa no matter how long you will stay in Japan.
Also, if your stay is expected to be longer than 90 days, you have to apply for it.
The specific procedure to get a visa is
- Make a travel plan.
- Get the documentations required including passport, visa application form, your photo, and other necessary document asked to submit.
- Go to an embassy of Japan in your country. The embassy will contact you after te inspection.
- You might be asked to take interviews or submit additional documents.
- Pick it up at the passport at the office.
- Issue your visa there.
- Travel to Japan within three months.